Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bath time

Bath time and I have a love/hate relationship. There never seems to be a great time for it. With homework at nights, meals (ALL times of the day, and you don't want to bathe them when they are just going to get dirty again!), breaking me apart from anything else. Gross. But when I get them in there? Let's start out with the fact that I LOVE being clean...and love everything associated: the warmth, the smells of shampoo, the lotion, the cute baby slipperiness (shoot, don't know if that's a word either, probably not). But to see them enjoying the water as much as they do! And without fail, if Gianna doesn't want a bath, the second she sees her baby sister in it, she's stripping as hard and fast as she can, "I want bath tyuuuuu" (hope you caught that ;). It just warms a mothers heart. Seeing them there, remembering how small they were when you gave them the first bath. Washing and loving on every wrinkle. Seeing their beautiful, natural smiles. Cuddling them afterwards, wet in the towel. I watched a show where a woman lost her and legs right after her second baby was born. She talks about how she can't pull them out of the tub with the towel anymore, can't cuddle with them while they are wrapped and swaddled in the towel...can't warm them up from the frigid air. It wasn't until then that I realized how much I truly had to cherish even those moments. The little ones...while they are EXCITED to cuddle with momma. And I hope I never take that moment for granted again.

 


Don't you love how "rollicious" she is? I know it's not a word, but here...seriously, it should be.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment