Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kansas State Fair

There is something truly magical about the state fair. And maybe I'm the only one that sees it, but it is there in all its glory for me.

I was able to drag my husband out to it yet again. I say drag, because I just found out that the kids and I are the only reasons he goes. All this time, I thought he looked forward to it. Little did I know...Sacrifice.

But boy was it worth it for me. Again, magical. I get chills when I think about it. It is nothing but bonding...family time.

I am a people-watcher, so for me, I'm sure it means a little more. And I tend to have crowd-anxiety, but I love the fair so much, not even that can stand in my way. The noise, especially music, the food, the games, the freebees, the rides, the people...The TV isn't a distraction, the computer isn't around...

And I get to see the looks on the kids' faces...priceless...

Gianna was hesitant to truly take in the water for awhile, but as soon as we walked away, it beckoned her back...and I had to pull to release her from the fun...
That beautiful face, beautiful smile...



Not even this could convince her to stay away ;)
She begged them to come up to her...
We tried to dry off, but then grandpa went in, and who could resist. It was back to patiently wait for more fountains...

despite the chill...

And who can forget the thrill of RV looking as a child...didn't we all imagine what it would be like traveling in these? And that desire never seems to go away...

Gianna Bean immediately popped up in the seat, looked at "Gampa" and asked for the keys pointing to the ignition switch. When he gave the sad news, still determined she said "Gamma? Keys?"
And the bunny was so good...Ahh, the smiles of the little one...
And the smiles of the big one. She is getting much older than I give her credit for...
And partaking of a precious luxury only the fair can offer in the same way...
Bonding...Does it look like he doesn't enjoy the fair?! Yet to be TRULY determined...
Tricked...had NO idea this was what happened until AFTER the shot revealed itself in the screen...Is that good or what? Blackmail for SURE...

Still smiling...true angel

I got to share the teacups with my baby girl for the first time! Ahh the love of that face! To share a moment like this, God truly makes Himself present...

How I wish this shot was in focus...manual? anyone?!

AND the carousel...This one's for you mom...she rode YOUR love...and smiled the whole way
Family...


Gianna waved to EVERYone...she had such a blast...first rides ever! And having to tell her she couldn't ride some? It didn't seem to phase her, she marched right on to the next!


Wouldn't trade the day for anything...until next year Hutchinson. Thanks for the memories...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is really sweet!! I love the pictures of her playing in the water spout!

    ReplyDelete